Compact Shine is an instrument designed specifically for luminance measurements in sites with fixed lighting installations (roads, car parks, tunnels and so on). The operator has the possibility to create a grid of points according to current regulations and according to the type of environment and carry out luminance measurements for each point within this grid.
The instrument consists of:
- an optical head mounted on a support, connected to a laptop via a USB cable;
- a laser pointer used to locate the measurement point within the grid;
- a rangefinder that allows finding the distance between the luminance meter and the point to be measured.
The optical head is equipped with a telescopic objective with high luminous efficiency with a diameter of 80 mm and a focal distance of 310 mm which allows to obtain high measurement sensitivity for extremely small fields of view with:
- horizontal field of view resolution: +/- 1.5º;
- vertical field of view resolution: +/- 0.05º.
The measurement results are automatically saved in a database without operator intervention, inserted into the relevant cells of the grid and processed in a completely automated manner. In the export file, apart from the information related to the measurement conditions (type of road, number of lanes, environmental conditions, etc.) and the luminance values measured as written above, the following are also reported:
- Minimum luminance
- Maximum luminance
- Average luminance